Nine La Dow s a person of action from the Rotary Club of SOMA. Her accomplishments and accolades over the years as a Rotarian has been unprecedented. Listed below are just a hand full of activity that she does for the SOMA Rotary and her community:
- She join the #2 club over 15 year ago and hasn’t stopped being active in the community.
- An active member on the Community Advisory Police Board for the Bayview District.
- Procured over 100 bikes a year for our “Bike-4 Vets Give Away”.
- Hosted “Tip-A-Cop” for Special Olympics at Perry’s Embarcadero.
- She has delivered a truck load of car seats, strollers and baby goods to Malcom X Elementary School all of the donations were provided by our local sponsor
- Nine and her team organized a “Donor Dinner” for our large donor as a way to thank them for all that they do.
- Worked with the local SFPD and our organization to set up the “Multiple Sclerosis Walk” every year.
- Nine organizes “The Rotary Ladies Girl’s Night Out” once a quarter to build fellowing and team bonding.
- Has recruited and welcomed our current newest members to our club. They are Gerard Westmiller, Tom Brady and Enrico Saturay.
- Instrumental in canvassing cell phone providers for used iPhones for “Operation Genesis” youth trip to Ghana, March 21st. “Operation Genesis” is an organization that promotes self-confidence in inner-city youth by enabling them to abandon the limitations of fear and begin believing in their ability to achieve success.
Nine is a retired Information Technology Engineer. She is extremely involved in working with under served youth in our community. Nine just turned 80 years old and had undergone major head back surgery … none of which has slowed her down not one bit.