Community service is one of the Avenues of Service which encourages Rotarians to offer service to their communities. Every Rotary club and every Rotarian assumes a responsibility to find ways to improve the quality of life for those in their communities and to serve the public interest.
- Encouraging and fostering the ideal of service to the personal, business and community life of every Rotarian.
- Opportunities for every Rotarian to exemplify “Service Above Self”.
- A chance to respond to the needs of a local community.
- Are relevant to the community
- Serve as a learning experience for Rotarians
- Identify a Rotary club’s role in its community
- Determine how Rotarians can help with the resources at hand
- The district Community Service chair coordinates and promotes club community service projects within the district.