HOW ROTARIANS IN DISTRICT 5150 CAN PARTICIPATE IN OVERSEAS ADVENTURE WHILE DOING GOOD!
Do you want to enjoy all the advantages of being a Rotarian?
…… How about international travel to take your Rotary experience to a new level?
“International Service” is Rotary’s 4th Avenue of Service and includes actions taken to expand Rotary’s humanitarian reach around the world to promote world understanding and peace. International Service includes World Community Service Programs; International Educational and Cultural Exchange Activities; Special International Observances and Events; and International Meetings.
Here are some upcoming opportunities for you to personally take action:
- Attend an international conference – the next one is in Atlanta, GA in June 2017. Plan now – there will be an international conference each year:
2018 – Toronto, Canada
2019 – Hamburg, Germany
2020 – Honolulu, Hawaii
- Visit a Rotary club when you travel overseas. Visiting Rotarians are always welcome. Go to Rotary.org to find out where clubs meet.
- Attend a Rotary project fair; meet interesting Rotarians from other countries; and bring home an idea for an international project for your own club.
Currently there are project fairs in Cartagena, Colombia in February, 2017. Go to http://www.feriadeproyectoscolombia.com/; and one in El Salvador in January. Go to http://www.uniendoamericaprojectfair.org/
- H2Open Doors (Peninsula Sunrise Club) is organizing trips to Nepal and Cuba as part of the club’s water project.
Contact Jon Kaufman at jon@H2OpenDoors.org
- Pacifica Rotary is working with Namaste Direct on microcredit and is planning a trip to Guatemala.
Contact Patrick Hall at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Join a polio immunization group going to India.
Contact Howard Tours in Oakland at: http://www.howardtours.net/polio-immunizations-in-india.html
- Participate in a work week with other Rotarians, such as going to Project Amigo in Colima, Mexico.
Contact http://www.projectamigo.org/ – an Rotary related organization that offers a variety of week-long opportunities to work with children, assist with literacy, do English tutoring or let the students teach you Spanish.
- Enjoy a river cruise with other Rotarians on March 22, 2017 starting in Vilshofen, Germany and ending in Budapest, Hungary.
So many opportunities exist for District 5150 Rotarians to expand their Rotary experiences while making the world a better place….District 5150 is pleased to offer you so many opportunities to make a difference!
|District 5150 Learning & Development District Assembly – March 18|
|Rotary Club Directory|
|When and Where Clubs Meet|
|District Leadership Team Contacts|
|RI Zones 25 & 26|
|Rotary Club Central|
Rotarian of The Month
BRUCE LYON MEMBER OF THE ROTARY CLUB OF SAN FRANCISCO GREATER MISSION EARNS WELL-DESERVED RECOGNITION AS DISTRICT 5150’s ROTARIAN OF THE MONTH FOR APRIL!